Do’s And Don’ts Of Caring For Laminate Countertops
After you install a laminate countertop, share with your customer some simple do’s and don’ts so they can preserve the beauty of their top for a long time.
- Clean regularly with mild soap and water
- Use enough water to properly clean and rinse without saturating the countertop for a long period of time.
- For tough, dried food or grease, gently scrub using a sponge/fiber pad and mild soap.
- Don’t set hot appliances or pans directly on the laminate. You can burn and scar the surface. Instead, have a handy supply of trivets or hot pads to create a barrier between your pan/appliance and the laminate countertop.
- Don’t use harsh abrasive cleansers. These will dull the laminate finish.
- Don’t use steel wool or scrubbing tools containing steel wool, they too will scratch and dull the finish.
- Don’t use a laminate countertop as a cutting board. You can slice the laminate and create an area for bacteria to collect.
Encourage gentle care and consideration with your customers in the care of their countertops.